If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (208) 242-3819

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Fire Safety

2/5/2018 (Permalink)

General Fire Safety Parts of a roof being replaced after a home fire.

Many of us know our fire safety 101 in our homes. We know not to leave an open flame such as, a candle or gas stove stop unattended. Even though we may feel comfortable with our knowledge of fire safety here are a few tips and reminders:

  • Have a fire extinguisher in your home. Fire extinguishers play a crucial role in protecting your home during the very early stages of fire.
  • Avoid overloading your outlets or outlet extenders. They can easily over heat if they are being over used.  Check on your outlets as often as you can.  Make sure to replace any that may be getting worn out or old.
  • When doing laundry, remember to empty lint tray from dryer on every use. When the lint is not cleaned it can cause the dryer to heat to a higher temperature. Therefore, the machine will have to work harder and also work at a lower efficiently.
  • Make sure space heaters are at least 2-3 feet away from furniture, window treatments, bedding, clothing, rugs, and other combustibles. These items can cause a risk of fire if they come in contact with the unit.
  • Check to see if smoke alarms are working every month and replace batteries twice a year. 

Other News

View Recent Posts