For Immediate Service in Blackfoot/Pocatello, Call SERVPRO
Blackfoot/Pocatello Residents: We provide immediate service day or night!
For immediate service give SERVPRO of Blackfoot/Pocatello a call. SERVPRO of Blackfoot/Pocatello provides 24-hour emergency service and is dedicated to any type and size of disaster in Blackfoot and Pocatello (and surrounding areas). We will respond immediately to your emergency and we have the knowledge and the highly trained staff to handle your restoration or cleaning needs no matter the size.
We are known for our:
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any-Sized Disaster
- Highly Trained Restoration Technicians
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
- Advanced Restoration and Cleaning Equipment
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Swan Lake
Damaged Documents and Papers
Water damaged books caused by a flood.
Devastated over your water damaged Family pictures or important papers?
SERVPRO Can Help With Damaged Documents and Papers
SERVPRO of Blackfoot/Pocatello can help! We can vacuum freeze-dry your special documents. You may want your damaged documents restored for sentimental or legal reasons. Often these documents are one-of-a-kind or are irreplaceable.
These important papers include:
- Family bibles
- Personal/Medical documents
- Government/business records
- Personnel files and blue prints.
SERVPRO of Blackfoot/Pocatelloo Document Restoration Service uses the process of sublimation. This process takes frozen documents through temperatures and pressures that turn moisture into vapor. The result is a dry document that can be restored or reused.
Water damage may occur when a basement floods, water damage from about or water from extinguishing a fire.
SERVPRO of Blackfoot/Pocatello will help you decide which documents to save and which ones to discard. We will box up, freeze and ship your damages papers with the care and security they deserve.
Parts of a roof being replaced after a home fire.
Many of us know our fire safety 101 in our homes. We know not to leave an open flame such as, a candle or gas stove stop unattended. Even though we may feel comfortable with our knowledge of fire safety, here are a few tips and reminders to follow in your Pocatello, ID, home.
Tips And Reminders For Fire Safety
- Have a fire extinguisher in your home. Fire extinguishers play a crucial role in protecting your home during the very early stages of fire.
- Avoid overloading your outlets or outlet extenders. They can easily over heat if they are being over used. Check on your outlets as often as you can. Make sure to replace any that may be getting worn out or old.
- When doing laundry, remember to empty lint tray from dryer on every use. When the lint is not cleaned it can cause the dryer to heat to a higher temperature. Therefore, the machine will have to work harder and also work at a lower efficiently.
- Check on space heaters. Make sure space heaters are at least 2-3 feet away from furniture, window treatments, bedding, clothing, rugs, and other combustibles. These items can cause a risk of fire if they come in contact with the unit.
- Check on smoke alarms. Check to see if smoke alarms are working every month and replace batteries twice a year.
Did you know that cooler weather can cause fires?
This home caught on fire and here is the aftermath of one room.
Even though we are in the middle of summer you never know what kind of weather Idaho has in store for us. As we approach the end of summer and begin the cooler months, fires increase in inside the homes. SERVPRO of Blackfoot/Pocatello recently helped a homeowner who left a bulbed Christmas candle in the window which caught a curtain on fire. Almost the entire house was damaged as result.
How to prevent fires at home
Most people know the basics of fire safety at home, such as not leaving burning candles unattended and keeping a fire extinguisher on hand. Here are a few more things you can do to prevent fires at home.
- Have your heating system serviced regularly by a professional, including chimneys from wood-burning fireplaces. Clean around heat sources and keep dust and other flammable items away from ignition sources.
- Remove the lint from your dryer filter after every use. A clogged filter and lint trap makes your dryer less efficient, reduces the airflow needed to keep heat from building up in the vents, and forces lint onto the heating coils. Also, never let your dryer run when you are out of the house or when you’re asleep.
- Keep firewood, piles of leaves and trash away from the home. If a grass fire starts nearby, these items next to your home could easily become kindling. Never dump hot ashes inside or near your home; keep them in a metal container well away from your house and garage.
- Avoid using outlet extenders or plug-in power bars: they can quickly overload an electrical circuit. Replace old, damaged or frayed appliance cords, and never force a three-pronged plug into a two-slot outlet or extension cord.
- Store containers of cooking oil well away from the stove. When cooking with oil, never leave the stove unattended. To stop a grease fire, turn off the burner and place a lid on the pan to suffocate the flames, or pour on lots of baking soda. Never pour water on a grease fire or try to carry the pan outside; water splatters the grease and makes the fire bigger, and the pan will be much too hot to carry.
- Consider using borrowed heat to keep outdoor pets warm. During winter months, avoid using heat lamps, solar lamps, trouble lights, heated watering bowls or other such heated devices, which could lead to a potential fire. Borrowed heat involves providing warmth from a heating system located in a separate building. If this isn’t possible, consider bringing your pets inside.
- Be sure to properly extinguish smoking materials. Smoking materials that are not properly extinguished can smolder undetected for days before igniting a fire. Never discard smoking materials on the ground or in plant pots.
We are an IICRC Franchise
Call SERVPRO of Blackfoot/Pocatello today.
SERVPRO of Blackfoot/Pocatello is an IICRC firm. The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) creates the standards for the restoration industry and provides training and certification to restoration companies. IICRC Certified Firms have the right to display the IICRC Certified Logo.
IICRC Certified Firms must
- Present accurate information to consumers and conduct business with honesty and integrity.
- Require a technician on all jobs who has been formally trained and passed all required tests.
- Require a continuing education program to keep technicians up-to-date on the latest changes in the industry.
- Maintain liability insurance to protect all parties in the event of an accident.
- Maintain a written complaint policy and agree to Better Business Bureau or similar arbitration to resolve disputes, and accept the conclusions and recommendations of arbitration.
The IICRC Develops The Standards For The Restoration Industry
The IICRC has been the driving force in establishing the main industry standards and reference guides for professional carpet cleaning, water damage restoration and mold remediation. These IICRC standards take years to develop and require the coordination of experts in the field: manufacturers, industry organizations, insurance professionals, training schools, contractors, and public health professionals.
Every five years, the standards are reviewed and updated. The water damage restoration field changes rapidly with advancements in technology and science, and therefore the standards must evolve to keep pace.
About SERVPRO of Blackfoot/Pocatello
At SERVPRO of Blackfoot/Pocatello, our technicians and office members are certified and trained according to SERVPRO corporate and IICRC guidelines and regulations. We are happy to work at whatever time 24/7 to start the restoration process and to create happy customers. We as a company are involved in the community and do all we can to spread awareness of the cause of these losses that can happen. Specializing in mold, fire/smoke, and water restoration and mitigation we will go into residential and commercial properties and do what it takes to complete the job and make it “Like it never even happened.”
We are Cleaning Experts
We are Here to Help®!
SERVPRO® is Here to Help® during this time of need
During this unprecedented time, caused by the global pandemic of corona-virus. This is a reminder to our customers, that we are specialists in cleaning services, with our Certified: SERVPRO® Cleaned advantage and adherence to the highest cleaning and sanitation standards in the industry.
We are prepared to clean and disinfect your home or business, according to protocols set forth by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. We have years of experience in dealing with biological contaminants, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform on a daily basis.
The CDC encourages cleaning of high-touch surfaces such as counters, tabletops, doorknobs, light switches, bathroom fixtures, toilets, phones, keyboards, tablets and tables. Other spaces mentioned in the CDC’s guidance for commercial spaces include:
- Kitchen/Food Areas
- Retail Spaces
- Water Fountains
- Sales Counters
- Carpets and Rugs
- Stair Handrails
- Elevator Cars
- Playground Equipment
- Fitness Equipment
The CDC recommends usage of a labeled hospital-grade disinfectant with claims against similar pathogens to the corona-virus. Multiple products in the SERVPRO product line carry the EPA-approved, emerging pathogens claims. While there is currently no product tested against this particular strain of the corona-virus, we are following all guidelines as provided by the CDC and local authorities.
Call Today for a Proactive Cleaning
If your home or business needs deep cleaning services, call the experts today –
6 Steps to our Restoration Process
You can trust our process!
When you experience a flood, be sure the team you call in knows their stuff!
We are highly trained and follows strict industry guide lines and we go through, this 6 step process to make your water loss, "Like it never even happened."
Emergency contact: Call us immediately!
The restoration process begins when you call us. SERVPRO of Blackfoot/Pocatello is available 24/7/365 for water emergencies, large or small. When you are dealing with water damage, immediate action is crucial. Even a delay of a few hours can greatly increase the severity of the water damage.
When you call, we will ask several questions regarding your water damage emergency. These questions will help us determine what equipment and resources to bring, including how many trained water damage Professionals may be needed.
INSPECTION & WATER DAMAGE ASSESSMENT: When responding to a water damage emergency, we begin with a detailed inspection of your home or property, including a damage assessment. At this stage, our professionals are trying to determine the scope of the damage, so that we can develop an appropriate plan of action.
WATER REMOVAL/ WATER EXTRACTION: After the inspection and damage assessment step, the water extraction process begins. This step removes the majority of the water. We use powerful pumps and truck-mounted vacuum units to quickly remove hundreds or thousands of gallons of water from your property.
DRYING & DEHUMIDIFICATION: Once the excess water has been removed, the floors and walls may appear dry, but a quick inspection will reveal they are wet to the touch. Nearly all building materials, like wood, drywall, and flooring materials, are porous and therefore retain water. This retained water can cause the materials to break down, warp, or cause mold damage.
CLEANING & SANITIZING: Your walls, flooring, and ceiling will most likely require professional cleaning services. In addition to cleaning your property’s structure, we will clean your furniture, upholstery, clothing, and other restorable belongings damaged by the water. Most flooding and water damage also require odor removal and deodorization since wet materials have a very distinct smell.
RESTORATION: The final step, is the process of restoring your home or business to its pre-water damage condition. Restoration may involve minor repairs, such as replacing drywall and installing new carpet, or may entail major repairs, such as the reconstruction of various areas or rooms in a home or business.
Be prepared for water damage!
We are Here to Help® 24/7 in Blackfoot, ID
Disasters never wait for the right time to strike. Are you prepared if you experience a loss due to water?
Water Damages happen quite frequently, the most common causes we see are from, failed supply lines, water heaters, leaking toilets, fridges & dishwashers or water coming from outside the home, or storm damages.
What can you do to be prepared?
* Know where all your main shut off's are for your utilities!
1. Be sure that your Home Owners Insurance policy covers floods.
Many policies do not cover outside water source damages, from storms, irrigation systems, or city utilities lines. Call your Insurance agent, before you have a loss.
2. Have regular inspections done, on your homes systems.
Keep up on necessary maintenance on your water heaters, softeners, fridge/freezers, wash machines, and dishwashers. Clean/replace filters regularly and check for any leaks or seepage on hoses, change hoses regularly.
3. Keep gutters and downspouts clear of debris, that can cause overflowing or a back up of water.
4. Maintain trees & vegetation surrounding your home, so no unnecessary damages occur to foundations, gutters, window wells, water or power lines.
5. Regularly check your water pressure and keep a close eye on your water bill, for fluctuation in water usage.
We understands how stressful any type of loss can be. We pride ourselves customer service and quick response times. All our technicians are background checked, drug tested, and are certified through the IICRC. Their certifications range from Water Restoration Technician, Applied Structural Drying, Commercial Drying Specialist, and Applied Microbial Remediation Technician. Click the IICRC link to learn more about these certifications.
Have Questions about Water Damage?
Call us today!
Emergency Ready Profile
Disasters do not wait for the right time!
Did you know that as many as 50% of businesses may never recover following a disaster?
The companies that do survive most of them had a preparedness plan in place. Pre-planning can save you from losing your company after a disaster and also give you a peace of mind.
By having an Emergency Ready Profile (also known as a ERP) you will have an immediate plan of action, that will help you have less interruption in your companies day to day business.
Being prepare is the key component for making it through any size of disaster, whether it’s a small water leak or a flood. No one ever wants or plans for a disaster to happen, but when it happens your first question to yourself is usually “what do I do now"? With this preparation you will know what to do and who to call.
An ERP is a startup approach, that provides the information needed to being the recovery services. It is there to serve as a quick reference of building information and who to contact. By working with our Marketing Team, your business will benefit from years of experience in reducing the impact of the disaster, that struck your property. SERVPRO® is a leader in Water Damage and Fire Damage response and we will help you quickly return your property back in working order in no time.
Listed below are the advantages of having an Emergency Ready Profile:
- No cost assessment of your facility
- A concise Profile Document that contains only the critical information needed in the event of a disaster
- It will only take a few minutes to complete and save you a lot of time if ever needed in the future.
- A guide to help you get back into your property following a disaster
- This will minimize the amount of time your business is inactive by having an immediate plan of action
- Establishes us as your professional disaster mitigation and restoration provider
- Identification of the line of command for authorizing work to begin.
- Provides facility details such as shut-off valve locations, priority areas and priority contact information.
You can be ruined or you can be ready! Call today for your free ERP!
Understanding the type of Water Damage in your Commercial Property
Dealing with water damage in your business in Blackfoot/Pocatello can be very time-consuming. Whether it be replacing a water pipe, having issues with a toilet, or outside water coming in you will find it helpful to understand what type of water damage has occurred.
- The Source of Water - Here at SERVPRO of Blackfoot/Pocatello use one of the primary ways to classify water damage. If water comes from an appliance and is clean, it is considering category 1 damage. Water that comes from broken pipe and has contaminants is considered to be category 2. Water that contains sewage and has biohazards is labeled as category 3.
- How long has the water sat? - Category 1 water can turn into category 2 if not quickly removed. The best rule of thumb is to take care of the water leak as soon as possible!
- Dirtiness of the Water - How clean the water is, is another major contributor that determines the category we put the water damage into. For instance, category 2 water is water that has some amount of hazardous material. Even if the water lose started out as clean water and it seeps through the floor or wall it will then count as category 2 due to contaminants **Fun fact: if the water damage is large enough the categories of the water can change from one section to another in a commercial building.