Prepare For Winter
Summer is coming to an end, which for some people in the Southeast Idaho region is a great thing. For some homeowners, it may not be that thrilling. Fall and winter storms have a way of causing damage that we don’t always see right away, but once we do notice, it’s a big mess. From ice dams to flooded window wells, there is always something that needs to be maintenance to keep your home dry during the wet months.
This fall make sure to check on the following areas of your home to prepare for the coming wet months.
- Make sure your window wells are draining properly and not full of debris. Clear the drain or make sure that the ground can absorb the moisture.
- Clear out your rain gutters to prevent water back up, which can lead to ice dams and cause water to run down the side of your home.
- Have your chimney cleaned to prevent a fire.
- Make sure windows are properly sealed.
- Have your sprinklers blown out and cover outside faucets to prevent frozen and broken pipes.
If you need help with any of these things, feel free to give SERVPRO of Blackfoot/Pocatello a call at (208) 242-3819 and we would be happy to help winterize your home.