We do Smoke and Soot Clean Up
Smoke and soot are both very aggressive and can seep into various cavities within your home, causing hidden damage and odor. Our smoke damage expertise and experience allow us to inspect and accurately assess the extent of the damage to develop a plan of action.
Smoke and soot facts:
- Hot smoke travels to cooler areas and upper levels of a home or building.
- Smoke flows around plumbing systems, seeping through the holes used by pipes to go from floor to floor.
- The type of smoke may significantly affect your plan of action.
Different Types of Smoke
There are two different types of smoke–wet and dry. As a result, there are different types of soot residue after a fire. Before restoration begins, SERVPRO of Blackfoot/Pocatello will need to test the soot to determine which type of smoke damage occurred. The cleaning procedures will then be based on the information identified during pretesting. Please see below for some additional information regarding smoke and residue:
- Wet Smoke – Plastic and Rubber- Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
- Dry Smoke – Paper and Wood- Fast burning, high temperatures, heat rises therefore smoke rises.
- Protein Fire Residue – Produced by evaporation of material rather than from a fire. Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent odor.
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
As you now know each fire and smoke damage disaster are unique. With this being said, each will require a unique solution to tailor the situation. Here at SERVPRO of Blackfoot/Pocatello we have the equipment, experience, and knowledge to restore your home or building. We will always treat your family with empathy and respect and your property with care.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage? Call Us Today – 208.242.3819