If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (208) 242-3819

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Do's and Do Not's of a grease fire.

5/11/2018 (Permalink)

One of our customers house during the reconstruction stages after a house fire.

Sometimes cooking won’t goes as planned and you can accidentally start a grease fire in your kitchen. Here are a few things you can do if you one starts in your home:

1. Turn off the source of heat, meaning turn off the burner as soon as possible.
2. Cover the fire with another pot, metal lid, or cookie sheet. If you do not have another pot or lid, try putting baking soda or salt on top.   Doing this will suffocate the fire because it will not have as much oxygen reaching it.
4. If you feel unsafe, go outside to a safe location and call 911 or help.

Below are a few DO NOT’s while attending to a grease fire:

1. Use water or any fabrics to put out a grease fire. 
2. Use baking powder.  Might look the same as baking soda but the chemical make up is very different.
3. Moving the pot that’s on fire.

We know your home will be an instinct to save.  However, you and your family’s safety are the number one priority. Call SERVPRO of Blackfoot/Pocatello for assistance at 208.242.3819

Other News

View Recent Posts