Shed Fire in Island Park
What we arrived to find
Recently, we got a call to clean up a fire in Island Park. A gentlemen who did woodworking lost his shed to a very hot, very fast fire, but was able to stop it from spreading into the surrounding forest.
SERVPRO of Blackfoot & Pocatello was able to get to the fire on the same day that it was cleared by the Fire Inspector, and we had it demoed and completely cleaned up in just three days! It's a record for our team. It was easy getting the job done with a homeowner who was communicative, and also trusted that we know what was best for safety and clean up.
We know it's not easy to lose your belongings in a fire. It's devastating. But SERVPRO of Blackfoot & Pocatello is here for you every step of the way.
We want to thank the family in Island Park for allowing us to share pictures of their loss.
How do we deal with a total fire loss?
There use to be a shed in the middle of this picture.
One of the questions we get is "What do you do if the house isn't restorable?"
That's an excellent question! We do demolition too. Our highly trained crew is able to help you obtain everything that is salvageable, we will help you clean up anything that has smoke and soot damage, and we will help you document everything that was lost.
We do test all necessary materials for lead and asbestos removal, since you cannot demo a house that is still in need of abatement. If the lead and asbestos tests are positive, we will properly remove all material before we proceed.
Then we will demo and remove all debris appropriately, and make sure there is nothing left for you to do but start rebuilding.
We know losing your home, business, or property to a fire is devastating. SERVPRO of Blackfoot & Pocatello is the company that will show up and help you step by step to make sure that you can start rebuilding quickly.
Saving people is our business, too.
Our SERVPRO Bull fighters
SERVPRO of Blackfoot & Pocatello had the honor of being a sponsor for the GEM State PRCA Pro Rodeo this year. Our PRCA rodeo was voted the best small rodeo in the nation! We couldn't resist being part of the group helping put it on. But what event would we sponsor?
For me, the choice was easy. Who's the person at the rodeo that is there to make sure that a disaster doesn't happen? Who are the ones to handle the messes and make it like it never even happened? The BULL FIGHTERS! That's why we decided to sponsor them this year. We'd like to think we're the bull fighters of restoration, and your disaster is the bull. We can't stop the initial hang up, but we can make sure it doesn't get worse and we can make things easier to get back on your feet.
It was a natural choice! So let me introduce the SERVPRO Bull Fighters!
Prep Your Home For Fall!
Clean out those gutters!
It's back to school time, and you could feel the crisp morning air today. Don’t wait for the rain or snow to come before you start your preparations. It’s not winter just yet, but with cooler weather upon us, you may want to make sure your home is sealed up tight and ready.
1. Check your home for leaks in your window seals or roof. If your home’s eaves have stains, that can indicate a leak. If you find any stains, call a roof contractor to make any repairs before winter.
2. Ensure the water drains away from the home and clean out those gutters. If your area experiences snow, any back-up of gutters may result in ice damming and lead to water damage.
3. Before winter arrives, shut off all outside water faucets or garden hose connections, then drain hoses and store them in the garage.
4. Clean overgrown vegetation and trim dead branches from trees that are close to your home. Also give your lawn one last cut before cleaning and storing your lawn mower. Apply a fertilizer and pre-emergent to your lawn to prevent winter damage and from weeds germinating underground.
5. Clean out your grill and firepit and make sure to keep propane outside. Cover up or store any outdoor furniture, so it’s out of the elements safe from wind-storms, and stays nice for next year.
6. If you have a HVAC service contract, have them stop by. Otherwise, replace filters and install covers on the AC condensing units on the outside of the home.
7. Call a professional to check your fireplace and chimney – especially if you plan to use it during the winter. Nothing is worse than smoking up your home when the weather is cold because your fireplace flue wasn’t cleaned. If you use a wood burning fireplace, be sure to dispose of the ashes properly using a fireproof metal bucket.
8. Make sure everything you’ll need before winter is in good working order. If your area gets snow, test your snowblower and have it serviced. Ensure your outdoor activated night lights or security system components are all operating correctly. Stock up on Ice Melt and make sure you know where your shovel is.
9. Repair cracks in driveways, walkways, and steps. Fixing these issues prevents water from getting into the cracks, freezing, and expanding which can turn the small cracks into big cracks.
10. While you’re making fall preparations, we encourage you to plan ahead for winter too. We'll get to that soon!
Preventing Water Damage While On Vacation
It's not a pretty sight to return to.
It's a nightmare scenario... coming home from vacation to discover your house is flooded from water damage. This scenario is all too common for homeowners, in fact, the Insurance Institute reports that water damage claims are the second most common claim. It's a disastrous problem. Can anything be done to prevent such a disaster? Here are 3 steps to prevent water damage while on vacation.
- Check Your Home | Before you leave, go and inspect areas where leaks could occur. Pipes in the kitchen and bathroom are especially important. Make sure there are no cracks or small leaks in the pipes. Check to make sure all pipes are secure.
- Clear Gutters & Downspouts | Clear away any blockages that could allow water to rest. Resting water in your gutter near your roof could cause water to leak through the roof.
- Shut Off Water Valve | When in doubt, turn your water valve off. This will prevent water from circulating in your pipes. If you live in an area with freezing temperatures, clear the pipes after you turn the water off to prevent the pipes from bursting.
A little preparation goes a long way in preventing a big expensive disaster. Nobody wants to return home from vacation to deal with a water damage.
Why You Need A SERVPRO ERP
ERP Tags that help you know what to do
A no-cost assessment of your facility.
This means there is no need to allocate funds, giving you a great value at no cost.
A concise Profile Document that contains only the critical information needed in the event of an emergency.
It takes just a short time to complete the profile but could save long hours of time and effort if ever needed.
A guide to help you get back into your building following a disaster.
Having an immediate plan of action can help minimize the downtime to your business in an emergency.
Establishes your local SERVPRO as your disaster mitigation and restoration provider.
You have a provider that is recognized as an industry leader and is close by.
Why Water Damage Needs To Be Cleaned Immediately
Cleaning it up doesn't have to be difficult.
When flooding and other water disasters affect your home and family, you don't want to wait several hours for regular business hours. You need solutions immediately. SERVPRO water damage mitigation professionals offer 24-hour emergency response services. This means that if a pipe bursts on a holiday, technicians are available to respond. If heavy storm damages leave your home exposed to flooding, a fast response could prevent further harm.
You Can't Wait a Single Day
The first hours after your home is affected by water damage, many things begin to happen.
- Furniture swells and breaks down.
- Metal items tarnish and rust.
- Fabric and paper items become stained.
- Mold or mildew takes hold.
- Drywall weakens and swells.
An immediate response puts the progression of damage on hold while a corrective course of action is put into place.
It's Expensive To Delay
Many situations requiring cleaning and restoration must be addressed immediately. This is because water damage takes place within minutes. Within a short 60-second period, walls, floors, and upholstery absorb water. Finishes on tables and chairs begin to bleed. Cherished photographs start to warp and discolor. If you have to wait more than a 24-hour period for professionals to arrive, the damage becomes much harder to address.
If you have to wait just two days for services, mold may begin to spread. Important framing may warp. Metal fixtures begin to corrode. Paint blisters and wood flooring swells. As damage increases, the efforts and cost of restoring your home increase rapidly. In some cases, the structural safety of your home could be affected.
What a Quick Response Looks Like
SERVPRO of Blackfoot/Pocatello is always open, so technicians are ready to respond within a single hour. Before four hours pass, professionals will be at your home. Within eight hours, a plan of action will be in place, and you will be well on your way to getting back on track. A fast response to flooding is crucial; take advantage of 24-hour availability for the protection of your home. Call us today (208) 242-3819
Where does your stuff go after a fire?
Our Contents Storage and documenting.
One of the best things about SERVPRO Blackfoot/Pocatello is that we were able to move into a facility that now has room to store your contents.
Instead of having a large conex box in front of your house, or trying to fit all of your belongings in other rooms while work is being done, our experienced Contents crew will show up and get your items and bring them back to our location on South 5th Ave.
From there, a technician will work on documenting all of the items, take photos, and make note of any that need cleaning or if there are any that are permanently damaged during your fire or flood. Then we do the cleaning right here in our shop.
If there are any items that are damaged, we will notify your insurance and make sure that you're covered.
Making sure that not only your home, but your belongings are protected is our top priority!
Come see us!
Lauren at the Chamber Golf Tournament
For the past few years, SERVPRO of Blackfoot/Pocatello has made a point to attend as many golf tournaments as possible. SERVPRO is a national sponsor of the PGA, and we want to make sure that we're a local sponsor of all things golf too!
This year we've already attended the Chamber of Commerce Golf Tournament, and the 18th Annual John McCarthy Memorial Golf Tournament. It was hot, but we had a great time!
You can still catch us this year at the First Tee Tournament on August 12th, and the Greater Pocatello Association of REALTORS Golf Scramble on August 15th.
In the future, if you have a golf tournament and need a sponsor or even just some volunteers, we'd be happy to help! Just give us a call. (208) 530-3022
Clean Workspace makes Effective Employees
We can clean anything
A business owner probably doesn’t think that having a clean and organized work space is a top priority but having a clean and healthy work space is a major factor to running a successful business. However, when a business owner finally realizes that his office environment has become filthy and his employees being distracted or out sick then getting a cleaning company becomes important.
It is significant to make sure that your offices are regularly cleaned, maintained and disinfected to ensure that your employees are happy, healthy and productive. It will also provide a great first impression to new customers, clients and new employees. A clean and tidy work environment will appeal to these clients and instill confidence and trust that your company has a strong attention to detail. When potential customers see dirty floors or smudgy conference room tables or disheveled desks it may show the lack of professionalism and that you are unable to take care of your surroundings and employees, let alone a new client.
A clean work environment implies superior, quality products and services. A potential customer will most certainly be judging your products and your services on how your office space looks and feels. Don’t let a messy work environment result in a potential customer walking away before you even have the chance to speak with them.
Most people will work 8 hours a day and may consider their place of work a second home. By keeping your employee’s area clean and tidy it will provide a more productive, efficient and happier environment. Productivity may drop significantly when they’re working in a messy and unclean workplace. Have your employees keep their desk area tidy and clean, but its important not to task them with heavy cleaning such as vacuuming, cleaning toilets or washing walls. This is where you want to hire an outside professional cleaning company.
Each office has its own detailed scope of cleaning work that needs to be done. At SERVPRO of Blackfoot/Pocatello, we customize cleaning to your needs, offer DEEP cleanings and only use safe cleaning products. We'll make sure the cleaning is done right every time, Call us today at (208) 242-3819